Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My unfamous blog

I'm in Cape Town and i've been taking advantage of the luxury of having a DVD rental shop down the road. What else can u do in cold, wet weather anyway?! So, i watched the movie "Julie and Julia" yesterday. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's about a bored 29 year-old girl called Julie who admires the famous cook Julia Child. Julie decides to cook every one of Julia's 500 and something recipes in a year, and blog about it. For some reason, her blog becomes famous. And this is not just a movie, it's a true story.

I enjoyed watching a movie about blogging (and cooking - it also inspired me to cook, but i still think blogging is more interesting). She makes it look so easy to get famous from blogging - it's not true! I am a very unfamous blogger. But i love it all the same, and will continue to write for the sake of my handful of readers - but mostly for myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment